headspace Mount Isa is a free health service for young people ages 12-25. Our services include, mental, physical and sexual health, drug and alcohol information, vocational educational support.
We are fully wheelchair accessible. Our centre is now offering telephone and video appointments to clients where appropriate.
We can help you before your problems may overwhelm you, no matter what they are. You can even complete a referral online here .
We offer after hours appointments with Centre Manager approval.
Please complete a Feedback Form here “You can also apply for your own Medicare card if you’re aged 15 or older”
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Mount Isa is operated by Mount Isa Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service T/A Gidgee Healing. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Western Queensland (North West Hospital and Health Services).
Nutrition screening, dietary assessment and education about food and lifestyle, also support around healthy eating strategies.
GPs can help with any physical health issues as well as issues related to sexual health, drug or alcohol use, relationship problems or feeling down or upset. Your centre may have a GP on site or links to one locally.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug issue.
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
Wanting to make a referral for yourself or for someone you know, down below are two options for making a referral. This is the first important step to making an appointment with headspace. You can also pop into the office to make the referral.
Please click here to complete a referral online.
Please click here to download our referral form.
If you ever need to come to headspace Mount Isa for some support, these are some of the friendly staff you might meet.
Overseeing the headspace Mount Isa Centre, ensuring it runs like clockwork and is providing the services that we offer is our Centre Manager - Sigrid
If you have booked an appointment to come in and speak to someone face-to-face for some support, those helpful people you will meet are...
Sigrid - Centre Manager, Salina -IPS Coordinator, Dom - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Care Coordinator, Florence - Practice Manager, Fayelynne - IPS Coordinator, Margaret - Community and Youth Engagement, Alex - IPS Coordinator, Courtney - Mental Health Clinician, Lauren - Administration Officer and Fairlie - Care Coordinator, India - Clinical Lead/Psychologist
And if you are interested in getting out there and being involved in what is going on in the community or if you are interested in headspace facilitating an activity or talk contact; Margaret Tautiepa our Community and Youth Engagement Officer
headspace Mount Isa has a number of awesome groups available so you can hang out, make friends, build skills and have fun.
Check out this space for all the awesome ways you can get involved with headspace Mount Isa!
- Jobspace - 15 to 25yrs by referral
- PRISMA LGBTIQ+ Group - 12-25yrs on Monday Fortnightly 3:30pm to 5:00pm
- Cooking Group - Tuesday Fortnightly 3:30pm to 5:00pm
- Study Group - Tuesday Weekly 2:30pm to 4:30pm
- My Mind, My Body, My Spirit Wednesday 3:00pm to 5:00pm
- Friends Group - Thursday Weekly 3:15pm to 4:15pm
- Chillzone - Friday Weekly 2:30pm to 4:00pm
- Coffee Corner Friday Weekly10:00am to 11:30am
- Youth Reference Group - Youth SQUAD are young people between 16 to 25yrs that want to make a difference in their community. Have input in what programs are run at headspace and have discussions about issues faced by Young People. Training is provided for this group. If you are interested please contact us Ph: (07) 4437 1300
Jobspace is an Individual Placement and Support program is a model of practice where mental health and employment support is combined. An IPS Vocational Specialist is a part of the team at headspace centre at Mount Isa.
Who can access the Jobspace IPS Youth Program? Young people accessing headspace services in Mount Isa
- Young people aged between 15 to 25 years
- Individuals with employment, education or training goals and facing barriers to achieving these goals
- People willing to engage in the program and able to make an informed decision to participate
Our vocational workers can help you with:
- finding a suitable job while looking after your mental health
- professional resume writing
- job applications
- cover letters and selection criteria
- mentoring and assistance
- ongoing support
- help with job active meetings
If your interested in seeing the Jobspace team contact headspace Mount Isa firstname.lastname@example.org or Ph 4437 1300.