headspace supports young people 12 - 25, with mental health, physical health, drug and alcohol support, and educational and vocational support.
Re COVID-19: headspace Ballarat is still open – we’re just operating differently!
- Our drop in service is open from 9-4 Monday to Friday. It will be running via telehealth measures. The number to contact us on is 5304 4777.
- headspace is still taking referrals. You can complete a referral here https://form.jotform.com/headsp…/new-headspace-referral-form
or contact us on 5304 4777.
- Those currently accessing the service will be contacted.
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Ballarat is operated by Ballarat Community Health. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Western Victoria (Western Victoria PHN).
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
GPs can help with any physical health issues as well as issues related to sexual health, drug or alcohol use, relationship problems or feeling down or upset. Your centre may have a GP on site or links to one locally.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug issue.
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
1. Complete a referral
* Online [link below] * In person [28 Camp St] * Print & mail [PO BOX 1221, Bakery Hill 3354] * Print & fax [5304 4700]
* Include as much info as you can & use the young person's details
* If you need an interpreter, contact Doctors Priority Line on 1300 131 450 [24 hrs, 7 days]
Self Referral Use this if you are a young person or family member
Professional | Worker Use this if you are working with a young person - Teacher, worker, GP, case manager etc
ACT ON IT Program Although we are not currently taking registrations for this program you can use this form to show your interest in the next round
The Mandala Project Use this to register for The Mandala Project running 19th July - 9th August
2. We will contact you
Please be patient this may take a few days. If you feel its more urgent - call or drop in
3. The assessment
Meet an intake worker for an hour, they will give you info, ask you lots of questions and answer any you might have
4. Next step
Let's work out the best way to support you. If you don't understand something or have q's just ask or call us on 5304 4777
Clients of our practice have the right to access their personal health information under the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
To check out headspace Ballarat's confidentiality info click here
- Janelle - Manager
- Carynda, Emma & Angelina - Reception
- Nathan - Mental Health Nurse, Intake & Assessment
- Jesse - Mental Health Clinician, Intake & Assessment
- Alannah - Mental Health Clinician, Intake & Assessment
- Gabrielle - Mental Health Clinician, Intake & Assessment
- Andy - Youth Engagement and HEY Project worker
- Hamish - Psychologist
- Georgie - Psychologist
- Kate - Clinical Psychologist
- Jo - Clinical Psychologist
- Fiona - Mental Health Occupational Therapist
- Karen - Mental Health Social Worker
- Jen - Sexual Health Nurse
- Karina - Doctor (Friday afternoons, fortnightly)
- Bernie - Doctor [Wednesday evenings]
- Raj - Psychiatrist [Wednesday afternoons]
- Sam - Centacare Empower Youth Worker
- Mark - Youth Drug & Alcohol Worker [Wednesdays]
- Michelle - Dietitian
- Helen - Family Relationships
- Gizmo - K9 Kounsellor
Ballarat Community Health [lead agency], Centacare, Uniting and Ballarat Health Services
The consortium is assisted by the Ballarat community of interest consisting of various organisations who will contribute to headspace Ballarat.
headspace Ballarat love being out in the community and have scope to provide some opportunities to organisations, schools and community groups.
We do have a limited capacity but if you think there is a way that headspace Ballarat can assist you, please request support via the form below
If you would like a headspace Ballarat presentation, workshop or speaker click here
Please be patient, we do get a lot of requests, headspace Ballarat will be in touch within a couple of days of your request, if you need to contact us drop in or call 5304 4777
Please note we are currently unable to offer volunteer or student positions - sorry!
Making sure we do the best we can is super important to the headspace Ballarat team! Youth Reference Group [YRG] are so important in helping us do this...
YRG meet regularly to create ideas, plan & provide feedback on a range of things to ensure headspace Ballarat is doing its best for our local young people of Ballarat.
Being involved in headspace Ballarat's YRG gives you the opportunity to be heard and be active around youth health, mental health, alcohol and other drug issues.
You can be involved in:
- Lead projects, campaigns & events
- Provide feedback, ideas, projects and tasks of headspace Ballarat
- Share your ideas about the website, Facebook and promo material
- Get skills around things like event management and speaking to the media
- Spread the headspace word to Ballarat’s young people
- Make a difference to the local youth health space & be part of the headspace Ballarat team!
YRG are currently taking new members, if you are interested or for further info contact Andy here
ZAQUE is a support and engagement group that provides a safe space for young people aged 12-25 who identify as or wish to support the LGBTIQ+ community.
ZAQUE runs at headspace Ballarat @4pm every second Thursday. Snacks and h2o provided.
* y-dir (Youth Direct) is an online directory that provides information about local youth services in Ballarat. For more information, or if you would like your organisation to be a part of y-dir please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* mindhealthconnect - find mental health & wellbeing info, support & services you can trust in one place www.mindhealthconnect.org.au/
* BRAVE Program - free, interactive, online program for prevention & treatment of childhood & adolescent anxiety & cope with their worries + supports for parents https://brave4you.psy.uq.edu.au/teen-program
* Butterfly Foundation - support for Australians who suffer eating disorders and negative body image issues and their carers http://thebutterflyfoundation.org.au/
* ReachOut.com - help & tools for under 25s to make life easier to get through tough times http://au.reachout.com/
* Smiling Mind - Modern meditation for young people, to help bring balance to your life http://smilingmind.com.au/
* Rosie - A space for girls to connect & navigate life's tricky situations with tips, links and videos http://rosierespect.org.au/
Trauma & Abuse
* Hannah is an amazing young woman who created a free e-book for young people who have been sexually abused. Kids Helpline and Bravehearts assisted Hannah to create a resource and support for other young people. www.dealingwithsexualabuse.com.au
Medicare, ehealth & health
* Are you 15? Get your own Medicare card here www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/medicare/medicare-card
* Control your own eHealth record – what is included & who can access it. www.ehealth.gov.au
* Immune Hero - one stop for school based immunisation http://immunehero.health.vic.gov.au
Ballarat Youth Services
* Visit the Ballarat Youth Services Directory 2015-2016 to check This is the 2012 edition so some details may have changed.
Sexuality & Gender
* TOUCHBASE - Info, support and services for LGBTI Australians http://touchbase.org.au/
* Have a QuerY? - The QuerY app provides info and resources for young people around sexuality or gender. https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/queery/id645236828?mt=8
The team at headspace Ballarat really appreciate your honest feedback.
If you have anything to tell us [good, bad or otherwise] about your experience with us please complete the form here.
Note: this form covers complaints. If you make a complaint and don't leave your contact details, it will be noted.
If you want us to follow up with you please leave your contact details.