Some of what headspace Launceston offers:
- Health services for all aged between 12-25
- No cost services
- Mental health counselling
- Brief interventions; one off sessions
- Walk-in Nurse service 5 days a week
- Doctor service by appointment
- Vocational workers
To access headspace please call (03) 6335 3100 , email email@example.com , drop into the office or print and complete a SELF REFERRAL FORM .
Schools & professionals please complete a PROFESSIONAL REFERRAL FORM .
headspace services are available at no cost for Australian citizens or permanent residents through Medicare. For information click here .
Nurse Service: Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
Mental Health & Counselling appointments: Monday 9am-5pm, Tuesday 12-5pm, Wednesday to Friday 9am-5pm
headspace Launceston is operated by Cornerstone Youth Services. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Tasmania (Primary Health Tasmania).
Mental Health Services
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Sexual Health Services
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
Work & Study Services
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
GPs can help with any physical health issues as well as issues related to sexual health, drug or alcohol use, relationship problems or feeling down or upset. Your centre may have a GP on site or links to one locally.
Alcohol & Drug Services
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug issue.
Youth Reference Group
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Launceston
headspace Clinical Psychologist, Full-time
Salary: 80,000 - 120,000
Deadline: 22/11/2019 12:00am
Who we are: Cornerstone Youth Services Inc. (CYS) delivers a broad range of services to our community of young people aged 12 to 25 in North and North-West Tasmania. We focus on health promotion, prevention, education, early intervention and developing help-seeking behaviours. Our services to young people include access to ‘no charge’ GP's, Youth Health Nurses, Drug & Alcohol, Social and Youth Workers and Allied Health. We also provide individual and group support and activities; school programs; advocacy to access many other services to improve general or specific health and well-being.
Where you’ll be working: This position will be based out of our Launceston site in Northern Tasmania.
The position: The successful applicant will become a key staff member within the headspace Launceston team. This position has become available as our headspace services continue to grow.
- Post graduate degree in Clinical Psychology.
- Full registration with AHPRA as a Clinical Psychologist.
- Eligible to register with Medicare.
- Previous experience working in the youth mental health sector and/or primary healthcare environment is desirable.
Position description: The Clinical Psychologist will
- Engage young people and conduct clinical assessment and the initial screening of young people referred to or who access headspace, according to the headspace policies and procedures.
- Provide clinical supervision services to Psychologists employed with headspace, and Psychology students in placement with the service
- Identify young people who require assistance with:mental health problems, substance use problems, education, training or employment and/or, other care or service needs.
- Support the implementation and on-going development of the headspace primary mental health assessment, intervention, and referral protocols by:
- Document results of assessment and screening, and present cases for review in conjunction with other headspace team members.
- Maintain required activity records for monitoring and evaluation of headspace.
- Participate in and contribute to team meetings, training and planning activities, service evaluation and clinical governance activities including data collection, supervision, file auditing, performance management etc.
- Prepare recommendations, reports and proposals as necessary to meet Cornerstone and headspace requirements.
Pay and Conditions: Salary will be negotiated based on experience and skills. The successful applicant will have access to excellent Salary Packaging benefits, professional development and training allowances, and flexible work arrangements.
Working Relationships: The position will work closely with staff in the headspace primary care team (General Practitioners, Psychologists, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Youth Health Nurses, Youth Workers) and a range of government and non-government service providers.
Other key relationships include other service providers, school communities and collocated services
How to Apply: To apply for this position please send your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 22 November, 2019
Contact: If you have any questions regarding this position or the application process please contact Wayne Frost, headspace Manager, on 03 6335 3100.
Working With Vulnerable People Precautions
This position is designated as child-related employment. Child-related employment means any employment, where at least one of the responsibilities of the position involves direct contact with children where that contact is not directly supervised. The Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 makes it an offence for a person convicted of a serious sex offence (a Prohibited Person) or a Registrable Person under the Child Protection (Offenders Registration) Act 2000, to apply for, undertake or remain in child-related employment.
To apply for, undertake or remain in this position you are required to:
- Provide proof of identity (a current Drivers Licence, or birth certificate or passport)
- Undertake a criminal history check or provide a current National Police Records Check; and
- Provide a Working With Children Check
For more information contact:
Name: Cornerstone Youth Services
Phone: 6335 3100
Fundraising & Donations
100% of donations go towards improving the mental health and well-being of young people in our local community.
How will your donation support young people in our community?
Our goal is to increase the number of young people seeking help early by:
- Improving the mental health literacy of young people and their supports
- Raise awareness about headspace Launceston and its range of services
- Mobilise local young people to take action to reduce the stigma associated with mental health
- Are you considering running a fundraising event for headspace Launceston?
If your school, club or workplace are interested in running a fundraising event for headspace Launceston then we would like to hear from you.
For more information and fundraising support please contact us on 03) 6335 3100 and ask for Alison Filgate or email email@example.com
Meet the team!
This page is currently being updated.
How do I make a referral?
How to refer
Download and print a copy of the registration form below and complete. Email the form back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the form is received, we will phone you within 2 working days.
The person calling you will be a mental health professional from our access team and will discuss what's happening for you at the moment. If headspace is the right service for you, we'll arrange a time to meet you in person at the centre. This is a chance to ask more questions and get a good idea of what we provide. You're welcome to bring in a support person - family, friend - anyone you'd like to have with you.