headspace Lake Haven is located next to Lake Haven Shopping Centre at The Gravity Youth Centre. You can catch a bus to the shopping centre which are close to the headspace centre. Parking is available through the use of the shopping centre car park. headspace Lake Haven is located next to the Metro cinemas. Wheelchair access is available through the front door, which has ramp access.
It is a friendly free service for young people aged 12-25 years. No referral required.
When you or your parent/carer come to headspace Lake Haven you will first speak with one of our friendly reception staff member - Sue. You may then be referred to our headspace Youth Access Team for an appointment to talk about how you are doing.
When you come to headspace Lake Haven, you could be meeting with a range of professionals including; a counsellor, an intake worker, a Doctor, a drug and alcohol counsellor and other support services.
They will help you find the service that you need within headspace or across the Central Coast. They have a great knowledge of what services are out there to help you and your family/carer.
We look forward to seeing you.
- Monday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Lake Haven is operated by Central Coast Local Health District. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Hunter New England and Central Coast (HNECC LTD).
Mental Health Services
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Work & Study Services
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
Alcohol & Drug Services
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug issue.
Youth Reference Group
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Caring for the mental well being of young people info night @ Newcastle City Hall. Thursday 7th of Feb from 5:30 pm.
How to get your own medicare card from 15 years old
How to get your own medicare card from 15 years old
Generally, young people can get their own Medicare card by visiting a Medicare office or call Medicare on 13 20 11. This fact sheet and road map explain why young people may need their own Medicare card, and which option and pathway to take for getting their own Medicare card that will suit their needs under difference circumstances.
If you don’t have a Medicare card – we can assist you to apply for one. If you don’t have a current Medicare card, or are not eligible to apply for one - you can still access our youth friendly staff team for assessment and brief intervention and our other co-located partners including: Drug and Alcohol Support; Centrelink; employment and education support; CanTeen and Family Counselling.
Please click here to make a suggestion!
Thank you for helping improve our service.
Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender, Intersex (LGBTI) Links and support
- ACON Aids Council of NSW
- Freedom2b freedom2b assists LGBTI people from Christian backgrounds on their journey to reconcile their faith, sexuality and gender identity.
- Gay and Lesbian Counselling Services Service provides free, anonymous and confidential counselling, information and referral services and support groups throughout NSW on sexuality and life issues.
- Gay and Lesbian Rights Lobby Organisation aimed to achieve legal equality and social justice for lesbians and gay men.
- Gosford Guys Clinic
- Intersex in Australia
- LGBTI National LGBTI Health Alliance advocating with a national voice on the health and wellbeing needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and other sexuality, sex and gender diverse people and communities.
- Lesbians Inc Australia Lesbian Inc is a not-for-profit organisation in Australia that advocates for lesbians. Since 2000, Lesbian Inc has provided financial backing to lesbians and lesbian-friendly groups in Australia through its community grants scheme.
- Minus18 Minus18 provide support and peer mentoring to LGBTI young leaders.
- Not So Straight Information and referral website for young people.
- Parents and Friends of Gays and Lesbians (PFLAG) PFLAG aim to give help, support and information to families, friends of all GLBTI people.
- QLife QLife counselling services are available 7 days a week, 365 days a year between the hours of 3:00 pm to 12:00 pm Australia wide Qlife Phone support 1800 184 527
- Rainbow Blues
- Reachout Coming Out
- The Gender Centre Services to people with gender issues, their partners, families and friends in NSW including accommodation, counselling, case management, outreach and social and support services. Also provide education, support, training and referral/resource centre to other organisations and service providers.
- Trans at School by Twenty10
- Trans101 Trans 101 is a starter pack designed to help support trans people around you! It’s all about helping people better understand what it means to be trans, and how to make the world and better, safer, happier place for trans and gender diverse people!
- Twenty10 Wide range of services for young people <26 years including help with accommodation, counselling, family support services, case management, group individual support and advocacy, groups and activities, information and referrals, training and rural support.
- GEN Q a Safe Place for young people 14 – 25 years of age who identify as LGBTQIA+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex & Asexual). GenQ is an engaging, activity based program for LGBTQIA+ young people to socialise, gain information and support, and to have fun! The program runs on the last Tuesday of each month from 4pm to 6pm.
- headspace Sexuality is about how you see and express yourself romantically and sexually. This is different for everyone and it is not as simple as identifying as ‘straight’ or ‘gay’
headspace Gosford & Lake Haven has a range of workers that you can see in a youth friendly environment including:
- Youth Access Team workers
- Client Services Officers
- Drug and Alcohol Workers
- Psychologists and Clinical Psychologists
- Mental Health Social Workers
The headspace Lake Haven Team are:
- Sue - Client Services Officer
- Helen - Manager
- Monique- Youth Access Team
- Crystal- Youth Access Team
- Emily- Youth Access Team
- Rani - Senior Clinician
- Susan - Senior Clinician
- Dr Hossain - GP
- Sam - Client Services Officer
- Soph - Client Services Officer
- Jo - Client Services Officer
- Sam - D&A
- Carin - Food Coach
Our counsellors are Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists and Social Workers:
Our consortium members are:
Maurice Wrightson (Independent Chair)
Anthony Critchley – Director of Mental Health – CCLHD
Sam Wolfe – AOD Counselling Manager – CCLHD
Jillian Hogan – the epicentre
Michael Sellwood – Management Accountant – CCLHD
Graham Lane – Manager Youth Health
Steve Ella – Manager Aboriginal Health
need help now? eheadspace online support
Request a Visit
we come to you!
headspace Lake Haven and Gosford look forward to visiting your school or organisation.
headspace Lake Haven have a range of presentations on youth mental health topics that can be delivered to students at your school by members of our Youth Access and Community Engagement Teams.
The topics include:
- An introduction to Mental Health
- Tips for a Healthy headspace
- Meet headspace
We can also come along with our "playground pop up shop" at recess or lunchtime, to informally hand out information to students and chat with students that may have questions about our services and their own mental health.
We also have resources including fact sheets, brochures and other collateral we can bring along to hand out to the students.
Once we receive your completed request form, one of our team will make contact with you to discuss your request.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Services
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander services
We acknowledge the Aboriginal People who are the Traditional Custodians of the land, and pay respect to the Aboriginal Elders – both past, present and in the future.
headspace Gosford is committed to diversity and social inclusion. This includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander’s, people who identify as LGBTI, people of all ages, people with a disability and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
There’s no shame in asking for support. For wellbeing and mental health concerns, please call headspace Gosford on 4304 7870
Below are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community health services and programs on the Central Coast that you may find useful:
- Yerin Aboriginal Health Services 4351 1040 https://www.yerin.org.au/
- Nunyara Aboriginal health unit 4320 2698 http://www.cclhd.health.nsw.gov.au/services/aboriginal-health/
- Mingaletta Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Corporation 4342 7515 http://www.mingaletta.com/p/home.html
- Darkinjung Local Aboriginal Land Council 4351 2930 http://www.darkinjung.com.au/
- The Glen Central Coast Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centre 4388 6360 http://www.theglencentre.org.au/
- Bara Barang http://www.barabarang.com.au/
- Central Coast Primary Care 4365 2294 http://www.ccpc.com.au/
At headspace Lake Haven we seek to provide an excellent service for young people coming into our service.
We value and encourage your comments about the quality of our service and will actively seek to change our service based on your feedback.
If you would like to provide us with feedback, please use the suggestion box provided. We are also keen to hear from the family and friends of the young people attending our service.
If you feel we could improve any aspect of our service, please seek us out and let us know. In the first instance, talk to the staff member involved, or you can also ask to speak to our Team Leader or Manager.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing!
headspace Lake Haven Team – many thanks!