headspace Gosford is located on Mann Street, opposite the Gosford train station. You can catch a bus or train and walk across the footbridge over Mann St. We are the first office on the left. Wheel chair access is available from Watt St, Mann St and when parking on the Roof of the Gateway Centre. We are a youth friendly, free service, for young people aged 12-25 years
When you or your parent/carer come to headspace Gosford you will first speak with one of our headspace Client Services Officers, Cathy, Sam, Romany or Corrina. You can make an appointment at that time or phone us. No referral is required.
On your initial appointment you will see one of our Youth Access Team workers. They may then refer you to one of the youth friendly GPs located here at headspace or encourage you to attend your regular GP.
- Monday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Gosford is operated by Central Coast Local Health District. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Hunter New England and Central Coast (HNECC LTD).
Mental Health Services
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Sexual Health Services
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
Work & Study Services
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
GPs can help with any physical health issues as well as issues related to sexual health, drug or alcohol use, relationship problems or feeling down or upset. Your centre may have a GP on site or links to one locally.
Alcohol & Drug Services
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug issue.
Youth Reference Group
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Our Doctors at headspace Gosford
At headspace Gosford, we have 3 doctors who are available at the following times across the week.
Please ensure you make a booking with our friendly staff at headspace reception.
Days: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
Times: 8.30am to 4.00pm
Monday 12 - 4pm, Wednesday and Thursdays 8.30am to 12.30pm
Times: 9:00 am to 12.30pm
how go get your own medicare card from 15 years old
How to get your own medicare card from 15 years old
Generally, young people can get their own Medicare card by visiting a Medicare office or call Medicare on 13 20 11. This fact sheet and road map explain why young people may need their own Medicare card, and which option and pathway to take for getting their own Medicare card that will suit their needs under difference circumstances.
If you don’t have a Medicare card – we can assist you to apply for one. If you don’t have a current Medicare card, or are not eligible to apply for one - you can still access our youth friendly staff team for assessment and brief intervention and our other co-located partners including: Drug and Alcohol Support; Centrelink; employment and education support; CanTeen and Family Counselling.
Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender, Intersex (LGBTI) Links and support
- ACON Aids Council of NSW
- Freedom2b freedom2b assists LGBTI people from Christian backgrounds on their journey to reconcile their faith, sexuality and gender identity.
- Gay and Lesbian Counselling Services Service provides free, anonymous and confidential counselling, information and referral services and support groups throughout NSW on sexuality and life issues.
- Gay and Lesbian Rights Lobby Organisation aimed to achieve legal equality and social justice for lesbians and gay men.
- Gosford Guys Clinic
- Intersex in Australia
- LGBTI National LGBTI Health Alliance advocating with a national voice on the health and wellbeing needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and other sexuality, sex and gender diverse people and communities.
- Lesbians Inc Australia Lesbian Inc is a not-for-profit organisation in Australia that advocates for lesbians. Since 2000, Lesbian Inc has provided financial backing to lesbians and lesbian-friendly groups in Australia through its community grants scheme.
- Minus18 Minus18 provide support and peer mentoring to LGBTI young leaders.
- Not So Straight Information and referral website for young people.
- Parents and Friends of Gays and Lesbians (PFLAG) PFLAG aim to give help, support and information to families, friends of all GLBTI people.
- QLife QLife counselling services are available 7 days a week, 365 days a year between the hours of 3:00 pm to 12:00 pm Australia wide Qlife Phone support 1800 184 527
- Rainbow Blues
- Reachout Coming Out
- The Gender Centre Services to people with gender issues, their partners, families and friends in NSW including accommodation, counselling, case management, outreach and social and support services. Also provide education, support, training and referral/resource centre to other organisations and service providers.
- Trans at School by Twenty10
- Trans101 Trans 101 is a starter pack designed to help support trans people around you! It’s all about helping people better understand what it means to be trans, and how to make the world and better, safer, happier place for trans and gender diverse people!
- Twenty10 Wide range of services for young people <26 years including help with accommodation, counselling, family support services, case management, group individual support and advocacy, groups and activities, information and referrals, training and rural support.
Thank you for helping us improve our service.
headspace Gosford & Lake Haven has a range of workers that you can see in a youth friendly environment including:
- Youth Access Team workers
- Client Services Officers
- Drug and Alcohol Workers
- Psychologists and Clinical Psychologists
- Mental Health Social Workers
The headspace Gosford Team are:
- Helen - Manager
- Rachael - Clinical Lead
- Susan- Senior Clinician
- Rani- Senior Clinician
- Sarah - Clinic Nurse
- Erin - Clinic Nurse
- Jade - Youth Access Team
- Gemma - Youth Access Team
- Janine - Youth Access Team
- Emily- Youth Access Team
- Loren- Youth Access Team
- Monique - Youth Access Team
- Crystal - Youth Access Team
- Sophie - Client Services Officer
- Sam - Client Services Officer
- Cathy - Client Services Officer
- Kate - Client Services Officer
- Clarine - Client Services Officer
- Jo - Client Services Officer
- Maejoy - Client Services Officer
- Silas - Community Engagement
- Lyn - Projects
- Alan - IPS
- Susan - IPS
Our counsellors are Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists and Social Workers:
- Patrick S
- Patrick B
Our consortium members are:
Maurice Wrightson (Independent Chair)
Anthony Critchley – Director of Mental Health – CCLHD
Sam Wolfe – AOD Counselling Manager – CCLHD
Jillian Hogan – the epicentre
Michael Sellwood – Management Accountant – CCLHD
Graham Lane – Manager Youth Health
Steve Ella – Manager Aboriginal Health
need help now? eheadspace online support
headspace Gosford Consortium Partners
headspace can’t do it all alone, so we partner up with other services who help us offer an integrated range of services to young people at our ycentral site in Gosford.
The lead agency of headspace Gosford is The Central Coast Local Health District
CC CYPMH has four discreet components which include: Y' Page - the coordinated and integrated 'front end' entry point of CC CYPMH. CAMHS provides a comprehensive mental health service to children and adolescents between 12 - 17 yr olds. A home based, acute and recovery focused, model of care. YPPI (including the recovery program) provides intensive case management for young people (12 - 24 years) presenting with first episode psychosis and less than 2 yr history of symptoms. PPEI team Initiatives include: Parenting, COPMI, School - Link (Primary and Secondary), Suicide Prevention and various research projects.
CCLHD Drug and Alcohol Service, provides a range of specialist drug and alcohol services. These include: Centralised D&A Intake, Inpatient detoxification at Wyong Hospital, Pharmacotherapy Treatment Program at Gosford and Wyong, Individual and Group counselling, MERIT(Magistrates early Referral into Treatment) Program, Hospital Inpatient Consultation and Liaison, Specialist Medical Assessment and Treatment, D&A Prevention Programs, Aboriginal D&A Consultancy and GP/Pharmacy support
Brain Mind Institute has a fundamental commitment to the long-neglected areas of brain and mind disorders, pursuing genuine partnerships with the wider community as a vital part of their research and activities.
The ORS Group has for over 20 years been providing services to individuals and employers designed to assist people achieve their vocational goals.
request a visit
We come to you!
headspace Gosford and Lake Haven look forward to visiting your school or organisation.
headspace Gosford have a range of presentations on all youth mental health topics that can be delivered to students at your school by members of our Youth Access and Community Engagement Teams.
The topics include:
- An introduction to Mental Health
- Tips for a Healthy headspace
- Meet headspace
- Body Image and Eating Disorders
- Understanding Grief
We can also come along with our "playground pop up shop" at recess or lunchtime, to informally hand out information to students and chat with students that may have questions about our services and their own mental health.
We also have resources including fact sheets, brochures and other collateral we can bring along to hand out to the students.
Once we receive your completed request form, one of our team will make contact with you to discuss your request.
other great services
At headspace Gosford we seek to provide an excellent service for young people coming into our service.
We value and encourage your comments about the quality of our service and will actively seek to change our service based on your feedback.
If you would like to provide us with feedback, please use the suggestion box provided. We are also keen to hear from the family and friends of the young people attending our service.
If you feel we could improve any aspect of our service, please seek us out and let us know. In the first instance, talk to the staff member involved, or you can also ask to speak to our Clinical Lead or Manager.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing!
headspace Gosford Team – many thanks!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander services
We acknowledge the Aboriginal People who are the Traditional Custodians of the land, and pay respect to the Aboriginal Elders – both past, present and in the future.
headspace Gosford is committed to diversity and social inclusion. This includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander’s, people who identify as LGBTI, people of all ages, people with a disability and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
There’s no shame in asking for support. For wellbeing and mental health concerns, please call headspace Gosford on 4304 7870
Below are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community health services and programs on the Central Coast that you may find useful:
- Yerin Aboriginal Health Services 4351 1040 https://www.yerin.org.au/
- Nunyara Aboriginal health unit 4320 2698 http://www.cclhd.health.nsw.gov.au/services/aboriginal-health/
- Mingaletta Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Corporation 4342 7515 http://www.mingaletta.com/p/home.html
- Darkinjung Local Aboriginal Land Council 4351 2930 http://www.darkinjung.com.au/
- The Glen Central Coast Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centre 4388 6360 http://www.theglencentre.org.au/
- Bara Barang http://www.barabarang.com.au/
- Central Coast Primary Care 4365 2294 http://www.ccpc.com.au/